Saturday, February 16, 2008

New with me

What's new with me?

1)I am most distraught that I didn't get a jar of the new champagne marmite for Valentine's Day. Very disappointing!

2)I just hit my head on the corner of a kitchen cabinet. "hit" isn't the right word - I bloody whacked it and now have another bump on my head!

3) The PhD continues to cause me anxiety and distress. I want to get out of it but can't. I have been informed that only 3% of the population have a PhD. Trouble is, I should be in the other 97

4) Alex and I are trying to cut down on the cakes. We have developed a habit of munching on sweet things recently!

5) I am writing this to avoid work

6) I am concerned that Alex's work colleagues want to meet me. I am sure that I'll disappoint them - they must think I'm a horrible cow as Alex seems to spend so much time at work, away from me!

7) I am 29 this year and despite previous blogs to the contrary, I find that a scary age. Is it weird to fear getting nearer to 30? I guess I thought I'd have a proper career by now.

8) Going to the cinema tonight. As we are old fogeys we go to the 6pm showing. Who can stay awake after 10pm?!

9) I have been reading about Republican candidate Mick Huckabee and feel glad to be living in britain. He is "protects the right to life" - but only for unborn foetuses. Raped women who are unfortunate enough to get pregnant can get stuffed as far as he's concerned. He wants to teach creationism as science and to ban same-sex relationships. He says his religion makes him "more humble and less judgmental". You could have fooled me! A candidate like him in the UK would be mocked - and rightly so.

No comments: