Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Valentine

It's Valentines day this week. While I hate the commercialism of it all, I always get Alex a card and present. We always have done so and it would be weird to break with tradition.

Our first Valentine together was in 1998. Ten years is a long time, but I still remember exactly what we did and where we went. Alex got me a huge card and wrote in it the wrong way - I thought he'd gone mad. When I read the message he had written "you have turned my world upside down". It's true and I wouldn't want the world the right way up if Alex wasn't in it! He also got me a massive tub of marmite, with a red bow on it and a red devil teddy in a leopard print bag. OTT, bright, colourful and original - his present summed him up perfectly. He took me to the Gold Coast restaurant on the seafront and we had an expensive dinner.

10 years later, I still adore him. How lucky am I!?

No comments: