Sunday, February 3, 2008

Apologies

At the moment I am being a snappy, moody cow. (no change there then!) I am taking out my frustrations on alex bless him. I moan about the mess in the flat, even though it's mostly mine. I whinge at him when he's sitting quietly and then when he talks too loudly. In short I am a nasty, miserable old toad.

The problem is that I'm not great at dealing with pressure. Well that's not quite true, I can deal with deadlines and stress but I can't deal with the insurmountable amount of work facing me. I am just not up to the job. Sometimes in life we have to learn that we just aren't good at certain things and should draw the positives from that. I am NOT an academic. I am a pretty decent researcher and can write a half good article, but I am just not intellectual enough to produce the goods. So what do I do now? All I can do is carry on the ground hog day that is my life. (Wake up, have tea, shower, type, read, type, read, type read...) One day this will be over and nothing in life will be the same again.Thank God!

Talking of God, the bloody Jehovah's witnesses have upped their game. Obviously sensing my acute depression and perilous state of mind they are now knocking on the door twice a week. Next time I'll answer and tell them to bugger off. They'll probably then start knocking three times!

No comments: