Friday, February 22, 2008

Muffins and moans

I see poor Paul Gascoigne has been sectioned. I say "poor" because it's always sad when that happens to someone. But it's even worse when Richard Madeley promised to go and visit him. As if the poor guy didn't have enough problems!

I am baking muffins in the kitchen. Walnut ones and blueberry ones. I find baking very cathartic and a nice way to reward a semi-productive work day. I'm working to a tight timetable and having met my deadline today I am relaxing. Unfortunately I have a stinking cold and it's hung on all week. This winter I seem to have gone from one ailment to another! I guess the germs know that I'm run down.

Alex has been promoted and is working his usual long hours. I guess he'll never change, it's just that I have to put up with sitting alone and waiting. That's okay while I'm at home (just) but when I'm working further afield I won't appreciate coming home late and having to cook dinner.

No comments: