I've had a nice few days with Alex. I feel guilty for not working, but the time off has done me good.
We went down to Tunbridge Wells as we are looking to move there at the end of the Summer, for Alex's work. It's so pleasant down there, friendly people, nice parks etc. I think we'll be happy there. We have also spent some time shopping as one of my closest friends is getting married in June. I need an outfit and of course can't find a thing. Like most women, I am 2 different dress sizes- 8/10 on the top and 10/12 on the bottom. This makes dresses a bit tricky and I must avoid anything non-fitted and floaty as I end up looking like I'm wearing a tent. I found this lovely dress in French Connection. Tried the 12 on and it was massive. Then tried the 10 on and it was too tight! Damn these dresses. So I showed Alex and the nosey shop assistant stepped in. The conversation went like this:
Her: What's the problem?
Me: Well the 10 is too tight and the 12 is huge on me. (showed her)
Her: Well I'd get the 10, when is the wedding?
Me: June
Her: You've got time
Me: Time for what?
Her: Too lose the weight
Me: Oh, right thanks
Her: Well I would if I were you
Me: Thanks
Then I put both back and left. I don't think I particularly need to lose weight, although I would have been happier if the 10 had fitted. But what can you do? Buy a dress that is too small and try to lose weight?
The dilemmas!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you just the way you are Hannah.
You don't need to lose weight, you are looking the best you've been in 10 years.
You should have told that shop assistant where to go.
She was a minger anyway.
Post a Comment