Last Summer we had a hellish time because the woman in the flat downstairs got a new, dodgy boyfriend. Both in their 50's (not that that is relevant) they embarked on a summer of drunken parties and shouting. It was an absolute nightmare, I can't even begin to tell you. We tried the polite approach at first but she was totally unresponsive. Not rude or aggressive, just "oh, yes I did have a party". So we (I) moaned and whinged and didn't do anything about it. Then the degenerate boyfriend went - probably to prison and peace was restored. We did not hear a peep from September .....until now.
Yes last Monday night a party began again. A new loser boyfriend, presumably an alcoholic like her. We stayed at my mums to get a good nights sleep. Maybe, please God it was a one off. Until last night. 11.30pm and the music started, accompanied by the "singing" and drunken shouting. So at 1am I cracked and rang the emergency "noise nuisance" number at the council. I was so angry. They sent a guy out who at 1.30 knocked on the door and presumably told them to keep the noise down. Then he left and there was an hour of drunken shouting, obviously they were annoyed at having their fun spoiled. They don't know it was us but it wouldn't take a genius.
Alex thinks I overreacted - he could sleep through a nuclear bomb. But I just couldn't face the misery of the summer and wanted to take "action" early. What should we do? There seem only a few options:
1) The polite approach (been there, done that)
2) The angry threatening approach (but we are law abiding citizens)
3) Do nothing and just moan at home (But why should they get away with it?)
4) Pursue the legal route (although because they own their home, this won't achieve much either).
Alex worries about repurcussions after last night as they were very angered by it. But I am left feeling very fed up as in the end, people can do what they want and there is nothing you can really do.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment