As we have been off work for what seems like forever, I have been observing the behaviour of those around us. Alex is back to work tomorrow and so am I, although I can't say that either of us is 100 per cent better yet.
Our neighbour opposite has some children. One boy aged about 8 has his bedroom opposite our lounge. He has a large plasma tv on the wall and plays computer games from 3.30 until about 10.30pm every day! The child's face is almost right up against the screen, it can't be good for him! When we were younger we could only play on computers for a limited time and we certainly didn't even have tv's in our rooms at such an age. No wonder so many kids today are morons. Of course if I had children they would live a life of drudgery - no playstations in their rooms, limited tv, compulsory reading and helping with chores. And I certainly wouldn't drive them to school. (This child is also ferried to school, despite it being 200m round the corner). Observing the behaviour and language of some children in Alex's family who say racist and homophobic things was also depressing. I would never allow a child of mine to be so bigoted.
Of course my child would be perfect
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment