Thursday, May 8, 2008

I don't like it hot!

I don't really like Summer.

Oh dear, that's not a popular view is it! We had a lovely few days in Suffolk, although I was really uncomfortable going for long walks in the boiling sun. I put sun cream on but still got badly burnt. Somehow people thing it's appropriate to walk around with hardly anything on - yes men, I'm talking about the naked torso. Why is it suddenly okay to go into a bank with your top off because it's hot?
Summer also starts my hayfever off. And the old trout downstairs sits outside all day with her music playing. There is a tremendous pressure to go out at the weekends because the weather is "nice".

I prefer Autumn and Spring when the weather is less predictable but less extreme too.

2 comments:

Veggie Carrie said...

Not a popular view maybe, but then I think British people complain whatever the weather is, don't we?

Personally the summer is my favourite season, everyone seems happier, the days are longer... but I have slightly mixed feelings because it is so hot I can't sleep well at night, it's hayfever season (I still don't have it yet, touch wood) and I'm lacking in summer clothes.

Guillaume said...

Spring has very extreme weathers, but I do rpefer Autumn like you. That said, I like seasonal changes, and I don't mind the hot weather we are having now because of the non-Summer we had last year.