Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Irritated? Moi?

I am irritated today by a number of things....

1) This year I'm not watching Big Brother. It'll be the first series I don't watch - honestly the people on there are like caricatures, not real people.
One of the girls said she had strong views, but was blissfully unaware of the contradictions. Against fox hunting, eating animals and abortion but in favour of shipping foreigners back to their own country. What a humanitarian! And then some idiot boy - Dane or Dale or something saying that if there was "fanny" in the house he would "go and get it". I really dispair of our future if these creatures represent young people. Sad.

2) I'm also annoyed that the government might win the vote on 42 day detention. As usual, the "lock em up" brigade have been spouting on about how it doesn't matter because a) there's no smoke without fire or b) We need to fight against terrorists. That's okay if you are white and non-Muslim because it's unlikely that you will be targetted and held without charge for 6 weeks. What are we "fighting" for, if we don't want to defend our right to freedom and civil liberty? Imagine being held in prison for 6 weeks and then released without charge? It's a disgrace. Other countries - including the US - manage it in far less time.

3) Ulrika Jonsson has given birth to her 4th child by - shock - her 4th partner! She has been called all sorts of names, yet no one does this to serial breeders like Mick Jagger or Rod Stewart.

1 comment:

Veggie Carrie said...

I like hearing about general views, they are something that more people can relate to. It give you more material too. I like hearing more personal things too though!
1) I'm not watching BB either for the first time either... wondering whether I can keep it up. You know more than me about it.
2) Agree with you, good it's been rejected.
3) I feel sorry for those children, whether it is the mother or father who spawned them. Parents should be more responsible.