Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fighting talk

So I have survived.

Had a 2 day migraine, the usual and it was expected. It's a hard battle when I have one as I try not to give in to it and see how long I can resist going to bed. I did really well on Tuesday and battled for a few hours. But it won in the end. I am now allergic (ie have no response at all) to the very strong drugs that I have. When I get a "normal" headache and take a low dose paracetamol or something my body has no reaction at all. I'm so used to the strong stuff that my body says "what is this crappy paracetamol!"

Have been busy writing my literature review. The hardest part of the thesis because I don't know how much to include but the easiest as it doesn't require so much analysis. I'm up to 7797 words, so about 2000 to go.

Am going on a hen weekend which I am really looking forward to. I have a new dress which Alex really likes- shame he won't see me in it for a while. I think he is jealous because I'll be wearing it out without him. Bless. I will really miss him, if only for a few nights!.

I have been reading other blogs lately. Apart from the ones that I check regularly, I have become interested in those written by people in various "professions"- ambulance drivers, A & E nurses etc. I love how candid they are! I know this blog is sort of anonymous, but I would never say what I really think about the standards of academia today. I have LOADS to say and would love to, but can you imagine if it was found out!? I would ruin my career.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ooohh..I don't even know how you write something that long. I don't know if I could actually to do..Ew! I'm so sick of school to BEGIN with..give me that and I'd just call it quits.

It's so bizarre to me how much people are willing to disclose on the internet! As a soon to be professional..I dunno...there are some things that I'll talk about..without citing examples..that are merely opinions about certain things..but don't really pertain to work or disclose things that could ever come back to haunt me..because there are SO many things that could! There are definitely A LOT of things that I really shy away from writing about even though I have VERY strong opinions on them because I know that it could and probably would come back to bite me..oh what a scary weird world we live in!